Creating a Realistic Gold Material
1. Create a plane and draw some stuff on it.
2. Go to the Material Editor and select a Standard Material.
3. Change the Diffuse Color to an extreamly dark brown. I have used here R = 40, G = 30, B = 10
4. Change the Specular Color to a pale orange. Eg:R = 255, G = 213, B = 100
5. Set Specular Level = 145 and Glossiness = 25
6. Open the Maps rollout, click the Reflection map button and select Falloff.
7. Set Falloff Type to Fresnel.
8. Assign Raytrace maps to both map slots. Set first (black) slot value to 25 and second (white slot} to 80.
9. Now the material should look something like this.
10. Apply the gold material to the objects you earlier created.
11. Use an Environment Map and Render.
That doesn’t seems too bad. Ah?
Now you are going to need some lighting tricks.
12. Just create a sky light with Multiplier = 0.8 and Omini with Multiplier = 0.5.
13. Use Light Tracer as Advance Lighting option.
VN:F [1.9.10_1130]Creating a Realistic Gold Material,